vendredi 22 mai 2015

MY Top Ten Tips for TpT sellers


In April, I wrote a post about the top 10 mistakes I made when I started selling on Teachers pay Teachers. 
Click here to read the post: TOP 10 MISTAKES

I've learned a lot in the past 18 months. Here are the top 10 tips that have helped me sell resources on TpT.


1. Use PowerPoint
It is so much easier to use PowerPoint. My first products were created in Word and I still regret it. (very much!)


2.Previews
DO offer a preview of your products as often as possible. Don't forget to add watermarks on your products or write 'preview' on each page. If you forget this, people can download your product for free.
Previews are visually appealing. When people see the value in your work, they will buy it.


3. Networking
When I started selling on TpT, I had no clue how to use Pinterest, Instragram or Twitter. Let me tell you that I had to learn FAST. 
YOU need to sell YOUR products. To sell them, they need to be visible in social media.


Facebook
I don't always do the same thing because
 I like to keep it fresh. Here are a few ideas that will help you get your name and products out there.

a) Boost a product on FB:  Don't hesitate! I always choose a small amount of about $3.

b) Flash freebie: Sometimes, when I'm close to reaching an even number of followers, I'll announce on FB that a Flash Freebie will be available when I reach it.
So if I have 1,590 followers on TpT and I want to reach 1,600, I will use this strategy.

c) Celebrate a followers milestoneSometimes, when I reach a follower milestone like 1,600, I'll promote on FB by saying visit my store, choose a product you would love for your class and add the title in a comment. Then, a few days later, pick a random winner. 


4. Choosing a title on TpT
 Keep it simple and think of what YOU would search for. So if your cover page title is Idiom puzzles, you might want to use a simple title like Idioms when uploading on TpT.


5. Using data
Look at your sales to determine what products are selling very well. Then, create some products that are related to those. Hyperlink them in your product and in your description on TpT. I have an Idiom resource that is a big seller. So, I decided to create a few more idiom products and linked it to my first, best selling resource. 

Idioms


Idioms                   Idioms



6. Cover page
 You need to grab the buyer's attention. Create eye catching cover pages with nice, bright colors and frames. Your title should be EASY to read.  



7. Blog about...
Blogging about your products and showing them off in pictures will bring more attention to your products. People will see how they can use them in their classroom. I'm still working on this one!


8. Keep building your store
I started selling at the end of October 2013. I now have 243 products in my store. I work very hard. 
Build your store by creating quality resources. DO take care of your buyers by responding to feedback (as much as possible) and answering their occasional questions. DO send a note to your followers each month.
Keep it fresh! Make sure your banners are always updated!


9. This is your second full time job
Of course you love teaching. We all do! But, if you're serious about selling, don't treat this as a part time job. Take it seriously. Invest time, money in quality clipart and marketing! It WILL pay off.   


10. Protect your products
Add your copyright on EACH page. 


I hope that some of these tips might help you out. If you have more tips to share, please write them in a comment.

THANKS

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire