- 1 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 4 cups of boiling water
1. Boil 4 cups of water.
2. While you are waiting for the boiling water, mix the flour and cold water together.
3. When the water starts boiling, add the flour/cold water mixture to the boiling water.
4. Stir, stir, stir...for 3 to 5 minutes. (If you don't stir, it will stick to the bottom!)
5. When it starts to thicken, remove and let it cool.
DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S TOO THICK BECAUSE IT WILL THICKEN WHEN IT COOLS DOWN.
6. Regrigerate and use (you can keep it for 2 days)
You can use it for any project. We made rain instruments with recycled materials and papier mache. My students love this project.
Newspaper is perfect for papier mache
My students then paint their rain instrument.
We use the instrument for writing projects. (writing a song or a poem)